Whatever vehicle you drive, safety is the most important factor. We will share 10 safety tips when driving on the highway with you, so you can drive safely and comfortably to the destination. On the other hand, before we continue, if you need to rent a car for long-distance travel, we recommend you to rent an excellent car from the most trusted company of luxury car hire London.
Here are 10 tips that you can do when you want to drive safely on the highway:
1. First and most important is finding a good driving position. Adjust the chair so you can place your wrists on the steering wheel with your arms outstretched. You may need to adjust the slope of the back of the chair to find the ideal position that is really comfortable and not tiring. Adjust the headrest so that it fits behind you but does not touch the head.
2. Hold the steering wheel with both hands parallel to the clockwise position number nine (left hand) and number three (right hand), so you can turn the steering wheel to the left or right quickly and precisely. If not comfortable, you can choose the position of the hands of numbers 10 and 2.
3. Do not get used to laying hands on the top of the steering wheel, especially in new cars, because the airbag can break your hand or push it to your face if it expands.
4. Make it a habit to use a safety belt before starting the engine. Ask that passengers in the front seats also wear seat belts. This belt has been proven to save lives.
5. Follow the flow of traffic. Set the same speed as the vehicle around you if possible.
6. A big difference between your speed and other vehicles can jeopardize safety. Watch Out.
7. Be independent. Do not follow a collection of vehicles on the toll road in order to avoid a collision on another vehicle.
8. Monitor traffic. Look far ahead and notice a problem before you get to the place.
9. Check the rearview mirror often.
10. Anticipation. Always Anticipate emergencies that may occur, and plan for solutions.